Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Saudi Hollandi Bank


If I could name one bank in Saudi Arabia that has no idea of it's direction or actual strategy then it would be Saudi Hollandi Bank. This bank was and is still buying star performers from other local banks with 100% package increases to try and play catch up with competition.


Being one of the people pulled into the bank some time back( I no longer work there) I can say that the management team in the western region ( maybe central also) are not up to standards and still play to serious politics to cover up their defaults.


One man handles the region with all it's people like puppets. If you speak you are an enemy. Here is what I don't get; you are pulled in to handle something and make it happen, you are suddenly told that Mr.Nawaf ghunaim is your new boss( which was not in the contract) and you decline, you are shifted to another area, and still they pull the strings to get you out.


I can say one thing I had the best 1 year paid vacation from a bank that honestly is run by a bunch of morons. Now excuse my harsh language and unprofessional attitude towards a bank that paid me for relaxing and doing low priority work so I don't outshine my so-called boss who barely speaks English! and barely knows how to handle himself let alone his department.


What really got them by surprise was the fact that at SAMBA we are taught how to manage and think, take decisions and fight for our ideas. They are a culture of yes Sayers, ass kissers, and followers to a man who in many peoples opinion has some serious ego issues! I mean the guy had his office renovated for SR450,000- while the building was falling apart, and they would move in a year!!


Now, if you suspect I am saying this to cover any defaults, think again. The 2 people who were begging me to join the bank( the head hunters) left the bank. Not only that, if I was to ask you to go and talk to the head of private banking and come back with any information worth USD$20- then send me your account number I will transfer the funds gladly.


One last thing before I check out, my department( Van Gogh Private Banking) was asked to increase funds by around USD200 Million in one year, cool stuff. Lets talk basics, a business plan of course, new hires, systems and training. The answer to my request was the weirdest ever;" first get the funds, then we will look at the business plan?!?" that man no longer works there either.

No comments: