Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Saudi Labour( workers)

Believe it or not! We offered some Saudi guys in the ages of 20-30 the opportunity to work as car washers and end up after 6 months owning their own car wash and found zilch! zero! sifr! nothin!

I thought that many people work as employees for years to save and eventually save enough money to won a business and become self employed? How wrong could I be? VERY.

Here are some of the things I personally handle to make sure no one was trying to scare off the Saudis ( conspiracy theory amongst Saudis);
1- Advertised in major newspapers to draw the attention of prospects, only to find the very few came to think it was a push button operation with no labour involved.

2- Talked to the Major social players to get us hooked up with some Saudi youth, no luck there.

3- Advertised some more, this time no one even called!

4- Talked to young guys at the car wash to send in their friends for job interviews, no luck they all wanted to be Supervisors( as if they knew what the @#$% they were doing in the first place!)

5- I even hired a Saudi who appeared on TV in a large country campaign for labour work, he ripped me off from day one by asking for an advance of Sr5000- USD1300- never to be seen again or heard of!

6- We put the word on the street that we were hiring by word of mouth in a " work to won program" failed again.

7- Finally the franchises we operated and sold started to close due to tough Saudi laws on labour and visa requirements and still no Saudis.

It is so funny that these very Saudi guys whine all day and complain about not finding jobs, and companies not treating them right! get a life you idiots.

If someone was to come to me and say would you let your son work as a car washer, YES! and he would. If someone asked me would I do it? YES! been there done that, after being a Private banker at a leading Saudi bank, and a 14 year banking career. I am not showing off, I'm actually pissed off! excuse my french.

Every country in the world has a labour force from the natives, except the gold fed Saudi youth. If I knew they were dumb, stupid, uneducated,morons,with no ambitions, I would relax and rest my case. They are actually the opposite.

Why do we give it to them when we find someone working as a barber, mechanic, painter, plumber, chef,washer...enough of the kiss their ass cause they did it and ignore them, if they want it bad enough, really bad enough they will fight for it.

It's time we changed our strategy as a country, and ignore them. Job or no job, our government has stretched out on a limb to help them, they even gave them money to start work, they take the money and travel or just spend it!

We should have ads in newspapers making fun of them, not showing that they are cool when they work! make jokes about the subject, wake up and smell the coffee.

If you have anything to add on the subject I'm all ears.

2 comments:

Shadow The Raven said...

Mamdooh,

The problem stems from the parents of these youths! When I was in middle school, my folks sent me to a factory to take a summer job (and I must say that it was fun, not to mention that I made a few bucks).

The mindset of the majority of youths will not change unless the parents root in them that taking an honest job is never shameful nor degrading.

Our society has a long way to go, brother. With folks like you and many more, we can make a difference one day at a time.

Allow me to borrow Barack Obama's "Yes We Can!"

Mamdooh Al-Radadi said...

I hear you loud and clear!